Predicted Score: Steelers 24, Seattle 21
Seattle: The Seahawks are playing well on both sides of the ball (3rd in total offense, 7th in points allowed) and cruised to 23-3 victory over San Francisco in Week 4. They'll face a bigger challenge on the road against a Steelers defense that has held every running back under 70 yards rushing and every quarterback under 210 yards passing. After a Week 1 goose egg, wide receiver Deion Branch has three straight games of 12+ fantasy points and should be a good play here. He's averaged 104 yards in three career games against Pittsburgh.
- Start: RB Shaun Alexander, WR Deion Branch
- Consider: QB Matt Hasselbeck, WR Nate Burleson, K Josh Brown
- Sit: WR Bobby Engram, TE Marcus Pollard, Seahawks D/ST
Pittsburgh: I wasn't surprised the Steelers fell to the Cardinals last week… call it a gut feeling. My same gut is telling me the Steelers will bounce back here in a game that won't be as close as my predicted score would indicate. The Steelers are a dominant team at home and Pittsburgh has won eight straight home games against NFC opponents. Willie Parker (two 100+ yard games at home) should find some running lanes against the Seahawks defense and Hines Ward is making progress with his sprained right knee. A second MRI is scheduled for this week to help determine his playing status on Sunday but Santonio Holmes is quickly developing a rapport with Roethlisberger and will carry the receiving load if Ward sits.
- Start: QB Ben Roethlisberger, RB Willie Parker, WR Hines Ward, WR Santonio Holmes, TE Heath Miller
- Consider: Steelers D/ST, K Jeff Reed
- Sit: WR Cedrick Wilson, WR Nate Washington